wald's Furniture & Upholstery Company was founded in 1959 on Laurel Hill Road in Torrington as a part-time business by Ewald Sichau and became a
full time business in 1963 when it moved to Main Street in Torrington. It has been in continuous operation since then and serves Customers
from all over this area. The business was sold to its present owner Zygmunt Michna in February 2000 and is serving its Customers as it
has in the past. Zygmunt Michna is an experienced European Craftsman. The shop upholsters all styles of seating with a specialty in antiques.